Staying Motivated (In a Pandemic)
We’re many months into the COVID-19 pandemic, which mean some of our early fitness goals may be fading. It can be hard to stay motivated while working out at home. Here are 7 ways to jump-start your fitness as winter approaches:
- Change it up! If you’re always doing the same workouts, you may not be challenging your body in new ways. Interval training has proven benefits. Try a new workout or sign up to receive the Workout Of the Day.
- Explore. If you haven’t explored other options on the Performance Monitor, we suggest pressing a few buttons and discovering additional options. Have you tried playing a Game on the Performance Monitor yet?
- Set up a free Online Logbook. If you haven’t joined our logbook, we recommend creating an account where you can track your workouts and take part in online challenges, analyze progress, and connect to training partners. It’s also a really cool way to compare your results against others worldwide.
- Join a challenge. Our most popular challenge, the Holiday Challenge, is coming up. This is a great way to give back, too, since there is a charitable component! It feels great to exercise for a cause during this difficult time.
- Chase a new goal or redefine your training plan. We offer plans and resources to give structure to your training. Our Training Guide can help you achieve your goals, whatever they may be!
- Follow a trainer, program or class. If you miss the gym atmosphere where you work out with others, there are ways to recreate the experience at home.
- Treat yourself to new equipment. Add variety to your training, whether it’s a new Concept2 RowErg, SkiErg or BikeErg, weights or recovery tools. Maybe even new workout clothing will get you excited for your next session. Fitness equipment can be difficult to find, but with patience we hope you can find ways to expand your home gym.